mama scout lab e-course

Thursday, April 7, 2011

map crazy


I have had this post idea in my queue for a while, but after reading Design Mom's piece here, I had to share. 

I am map crazy! I love maps and globes. I wrap nearly all my presents in old maps, use them for origami, book covers, crafts and could literally lose myself in their details as if they were a good book.

Last year, while living in another house temporarily, I used them as wallpaper in the small public bathroom. I had already peeled off some horrible 80's country blue and mauve floral paper and had a pretty rough wall left. So, I went to my stash, found maps for the places I loved to go or dreamed of going to and stuck them on the wall with wallpaper glue. The whole project took an hour or so and looked pretty cool. It was not a perfect job because I knew it was not permanent - but I loved the colors and the daily map study (if you know what I mean). In fact, I loved it so much, I would do it again. In a heartbeat. On a huge wall. But it would also do great in a small hallway or closet. It makes a big impact for little time or money investment.

What fast, huge impact project have you done in your home that you can not believe you ever lived without? (my second most favorite project includes chalkboard paint).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...