mama scout lab e-course

Thursday, April 26, 2012

make a tiny meditation matchbox


All my children love tiny things. One recent morning, my son spent time making tiny scrolls and putting them in empty match boxes. Everyone was so charmed, we could not stop talking about all the things we could do with the concept.

We thought about birthday invitations, poetry boxes, wish boxes, and treasure hunt directions. We thought it would be fun to mail them, leave them on our friends' porches, or in random public places (that one I want to do soon!).


We also spent the morning making beeswax bottle cap candles. So, I turned all my goodies into a tiny meditation box. I wrote a meaningful quote and tied up my scroll with three matches. Tucking it into the match box, I thought what a sweet little gift this would make for anyone going through a tough time. 


How about a new mama?


A recent graduate? 


Someone who has met sudden sadness or is facing a big change?



The candle idea was inspired by craftaholics anonymous. She uses crayons, which is super cool, but for this application I really like the beeswax. Even from this small candle, it smells amazing. We keep our beeswax in a tin can and remelt it in a water bath for different projects. Super simple. 








8 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this. think they would be perfect for everything you mentioned and more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am in love with it too. i keep thinking of more fun things to do with it.

      Delete
  2. This is the coolest thing I've seen in a long while! Ruling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely lovely little gift...good things DO come in small packages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! Love this idea so much.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...